Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Nourishment Network!
Nourishment Network relies on thousands of volunteers every year to supplement the work of our small staff. Our year-round projects offer rewarding ways for individuals and groups of all kinds to contribute their time, talents and resources. In addition, we often call upon volunteers for special events and other urgent needs. Register online to schedule your volunteer opportunity with Nourishment Network by clicking the button below.
To learn more about any volunteer opportunities, please contact Sarah Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your work will help struggling families in the Jacksonville area receive healthy food, a job that is desperately needed to sustain families in our community. Without volunteers, we would not be able to provide hungry families with one of life's most basic necessities. Here at Nourishment Network we have several different volunteer opportunities that provide a fun, easy and rewarding experience.
- Almost all volunteer experiences provide great team-building activities for families and organizations.
- Almost all take place at our warehouse where we sort, bag, and stock food for local distribution agencies.
- While working with Nourishment Network you will learn how we fight hunger, help us fight hunger, and raise awareness of hunger in our community, just by volunteering with us.
Volunteer Opportunities with Nourishment Network:
Sharing Floor (great for groups and individuals ages 12 and up)
- A vital job at our warehouse where volunteers sort and stock food items in preparation for our "Sharing Floor" and distribution in our community.
- Tuesday - Thursday: 9am - 12pm and 1pm - 3:30pm
- Friday: 9am - 12pm
- Saturday: 9am - 12:30pm
Project Leaders (ages 16 and up)
- A key leadership position with Nourishment Network! Project Leaders receive training and commit to volunteering one Saturday each month in order to help lead volunteer groups.
- Tuesday - Saturday: 8:30AM-12:30PM on a monthly basis.
Office Assistants (ages 18 and up)
- Help with office-based tasks like filing, data entry, and special projects. Requires basic computer skills (Word, Excel, email, Google).
- Shifts are flexible; most departments are open Tuesday - Friday from 7:30AM - 4:00PM.
- Ideally Office Assistants can commit to at least one 4-hour shift a week.
Special Events (age limits vary)
- We have several exciting outreach events that occur annually, including food drives at sporting events and the National Association of Letter Carriers "Stamp Out Hunger" drive.
Host a Food Drive (all ages welcome)
- Lead a local food drive to collect food and raise awareness about hunger in your workplace, community, or place of worship.
Internships (ages 18 and up)
- Unpaid internships are available within all departments at Nourishment Network. Programs include volunteer coordination, transportation and logistics, community gardens, and more.
To learn more about any volunteer opportunities, please contact Sarah Hall at email@example.com.
- Volunteers must wear close-toed shoes while working in the food bank or at community gardens.
- Children must be ages 12 and up to volunteer at the food bank due to safety concerns in the warehouse.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Please schedule your volunteer day with us in advance.
We are located at 1502 Jessie Street near the Jaguars football stadium off MLK Parkway.